Vanguard Music Studio guides each student to reach beyond their expectations.
Music offers not only enjoyment but long-term personal development and a wider perspective on life. At VMS we guide students toward musical growth and all its rewards. We seek to help our students use music as tool for learning about life regardless of whether it is their hobby or becomes a professional pursuit.
Piano, Strings, Voice, Guitar, Woodwinds, Drums, Ensembles, Songwriting and More
HOW WE TEACH
Students at VMS learn in private lessons, group classes, bands and ensembles, summer camps and special events like workshops and masterclasses. With focused attention from dedicated faculty, and opportunities to collaborate and learn socially, our students have the best opportunity to progress.
Our students also have regular performance opportunities including semi-annual recitals for all students and public performances for intermediate and advanced students at area fairs and festivals.
Our optional graduated curriculum gives certifications for each level completed, fostering a sense of accomplishment and bolstering college applications in any field. For students wishing to progress to a collegiate music degree we offer a college prep program including an advanced repertoire, special projects and trips, mentorship and guidance through the audition process.
What We've Achieved
- VMS has more than tripled in size since opening its doors.
- Our dedication to customer service and student success is shown by stellar ratings on Google, Facebook, Thumbtack, and Groupon.
- Our faculty members are dedicated teachers as well as accomplished national and international performers.
- Students travel to us from Essex, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Somerset, and Union counties
- We have a high success rate of our students being admitted to their college music program of choice.
- In addition to traditional instrumental and vocal lessons, we offer song writing, recording and electronic music production, music theory and special workshops.
- We have arranged over 30 in-house and public performances for our students since opening.
- Our faculty's expertise includes international musical styles.
Lessons: 30 minutes $38, 45 minutes $55, 60 minutes $70
60-minute Ensembles: $28 for students taking private lessons, $38 for other students